Update: Melbourne Lockdown and Travelling to Metro
As we all know that Melbourne’s lockdown has been extended further with a curfew until 11.59pm 2nd September 2021.
From 11.59pm 16 August in metropolitan Melbourne:
- A curfew will be imposed from 9pm to 5am.
- Additional restrictions will also apply to the construction industry, operating as it did last year, with staffing reductions in place except for critical infrastructure and emergency repairs. At large scale construction sites, staffing must reduce to 25 per cent or five workers on site, whichever is higher.
- People will not be able to remove their face masks to drink alcoholic beverages in public.
- Playgrounds, basketball hoops, skate parks and outdoor exercise equipment will now be closed.
- Exercise will be limited to just you and one other person, plus dependants if they can’t be left at home.
From 11:59pm on Tuesday August 17, authorised workers will be required to carry permits when working, and when travelling for work. The permits need to be certified by an employer. Permits will also need to be carried by higher education students who are enrolled in essential adult and higher education under the Authorised Provider list. The Authorised Worker Permit is available online.
If you are planning on travelling to Melbourne, please follow the rules and restrictions above to help keep you safe. For further information on premier’s statement and table of restrictions, please click here