Tackle Your Feelings
Through VicHealth and in conjunction with GippSport and Sport North East, Tackle your feelings offers clubs, members and coaches the opportunity to champion positive change for mental health in their club and wider football community.
Coaches and/or club members can champion positive change for mental health within their club and community by:
- Actively and publicly prioritising the holistic wellbeing of themselves, their players, their families, other coaches and club members within the community
- Equipping themselves with the knowledge and skills to identify ill mental health in themselves and others, and recognise the link between physical and mental wellbeing
- Going the extra mile in creating a safe and caring club environment, one which strengthens the social fabric of its community and plays a leadership role in the local football league
About the program:
- Tackle Your Feelings (TYF) is a mental health training program for community clubs
- Our aim is to raise awareness, reduce the stigma and change the behaviours associated with mental health within communities
- Our program will provide your coaches and club members with the tools to understand, recognise and manage the signs of mental health within themselves and their players.
- Our program has taken the most impactful components from the current mental health training developed by the AFL Players’ Association for use in elite AFL ranks and adapted the content to cater for community volunteers.
How to get involved:
To book your place for an online workshop, head to www.tackleyourfeelings.org.au to register. Just complete the 15 minute introductory module, then sign up for a workshop date that suits you.
For more information:
Check out our Information Pack to learn more about the Tackle Your Feelings program or contact Andrea Matheson by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0432 911 100