Reopening Regional Victoria Roadmap – COVID-19
Step 3 has been triggered! As of midnight, Wednesday 16th September, 2020 Regional Victoria has seen huge changes in restrictions to how we can socialise, travel and exercise.
The key points for Exercise, Sport and Active Recreation are:
- There are no restrictions on reasons to leave home or distances travelled. The exception is no unnecessary travel to areas with higher restrictions
- Public gatherings are allowed for up to 10 people*
- Outdoor sport for children (Under 18) can resume. Only people necessary (coaches, umpires) to the game allowed. Spectators are only allowed if supervising children or supporting players with additional needs with numbers keeping to public gathering limits
- Outdoor non-contact sport for adults (18+) can resume with no spectators*
- Outdoor exercise, classes and training for up to 10 people plus the trainer*
- Outdoor Skate parks are open
*Distances of 1.5m between people are to be adhered to. Face coverings are still mandated to be worn whenever outside of the home (a list of exemptions are here). Equipment must be cleaned between users or if possible avoided.
For a detailed overview of what Step 3 restrictions mean, contact Sport North East, your State or National Sporting representative or follow the guidelines here.