COVIDSafe Summer Announcment from 07/12/2020
From 11.59pm on the 6th of December, Victoria will move into COVIDSafe Summer restrictions. For sport, active recreation and exercise, the changes are predominantly around density limits for indoor and outdoor activity and areas.
If you are the organiser of an event or activity, it is important to be aware of attendance record-keeping and whether your COVIDSafe Plan is required to be public. If you need more information regarding a COVIDSafe Plan, you can find it on our website HERE.
For full explanation of the changes detailed below, head to Coronavirus Sport and Exercise Last Step.
- You do not need to wear a face mask when exercising outdoors. It is strongly recommended that you wear a face mask when you are outdoors, and you cannot keep 1.5 metres distance from others. You must carry a face mask with you at all times, unless you have a lawful reason not to.
- It is recommended that you wear a face mask when exercising indoors where you can’t keep 1.5 metre distance from others except where that exercise or physical activity leaves you short of breath or puffing.
- Contact and non-contact sport is allowed for both adults and children.
- The number of people allowed in a venue or space is defined by the size of the space. Indoor spaces need to follow the four square metre rule when staffed. When unstaffed, then the eight square metre rule applies such as a 24 hour gym. The two square metre rule applies outdoors.
- If are exercising in a class, there is a limit of 100 outdoors and 50 indoors if the space allows that many people. Smaller venues can have a smaller number of people.
- Indoor skateparks, trampolining centres, playgrounds and playcentres are open without patron limits. The venue must apply the four square metre rule.
- Indoor swimming pools, saunas, steam rooms, spas and springs are open with no patron limits. The venue must apply the four square metre rule.
- Outdoor swimming pools, spas and springs are open with no patron limits. The two square metre rule can be applied if using electronic record keeping, otherwise the four square metre rule applies. There are no group limits.
- Communal change rooms, showers and toilets are open.
- While exercising you should keep at least 1.5 metres distance between yourself and others. Venues are required to record attendance and electronic record keeping is recommended