Active April 2020
Join a Challenge!
To celebrate Premiers Active April, and to encourage you stay motivated while social isolating and distancing, we have come up with two “challenges” to help motivate you in keeping active during this COVID-19-affected April 2020.
Here’s how to get started:
- Create an Active April account and join the Sport North East team. Instructions on how to do this are located here.
- Download the app for iOS or Android to make it easy for yourself!
- Follow Sport North East on Facebook by liking our page.
- Choose a challenge below, or create your own! We love when our community shares new ideas.
- Get started, and get tracking! Log your activity in Active April and post updates using the unique hashtags in each challenge and tagging @sportnortheast so we can cheer you on!
Challenge 1: 30 Days a Yogi
The #30DaysaYogi challenge is for those looking for a different (but equally fulfilling!) physical challenge – to practice yoga every day in April. During this uncertain time, this challenge has added mental health benefits (Bonus!) for you. We will post a new video each day to our Facebook page to guide you. These are something that anyone who has a reasonable level of fitness ability can complete.
#30DaysaYogi – How It Works
- Every morning throughout the month of April, you get your yoga mat (or floor space) ready in a quiet space Sport North East will be posting links on our website as well as social media pages to yoga sessions.
- Head to the Sport North East Facebook page and look for the daily guided yoga video.
- Go for it and have fun being fit (you badass yogi, you)!
- When you’re done, record your activity on the Premiers Active April Dashboard AND post a status update on Facebook using the #30DaysAYogi hashtag and tag us (@SportNorthEast) so we can share it with the community!
Challenge 2: Tour de NEVic
It’s time to take a tour of the North East! This will challenge you to walk, run, or cycle your way around our interactive Google map, and register at our virtual checkpoints via Facebook to track your progress and claim bragging rights.
#TourdeNEVic – How it Works
- Choose how you will travel! Walkers and runners use this map. Cyclists, this is a longer route for you 🙂
- See tables below for distances you need to achieve between towns. For cyclists, your first stretch from Wang to Rutherglen is 38k’s.
- Get active! Fire up your favourite activity tracker (like Strava) and start clocking up the k’s.
- Once you reach a town along the route (by reaching the number of k’s required to get there), you’ve officially reached a “checkpoint”! Congrats!! Head to Facebook and let us know where you’re at by updating your status with your location (e.g. #Rutherglen) and the #TourDeNEVIC hash tag. Make sure you tag @SportNorthEast so we can cheer you on!
- Remember to record how long it took you to get there on your Active April Dashboard (or in the app) to make it official!
|SECTION 1 (144km)|
|SECTION 2 (406km)|
|SECTION 3 (312km)|
|SECTION 4 (263km)|
|Bonnie Doon||Lima South||43|
|Mount Bruno||Apex Park||22|
Instructions for challenges will be posted daily on our social media, so make sure you follow us on Facebook for information and daily inspo 🙂
Let’s all get active and support each other!