Access for All Abilities
Regional Sport Victoria (encompassing Sport North East and the 8 other Regional Sports Assemblies in Victoria) has identified the need to undertake an Access for All Abilities (AAA) Needs Analysis and Mapping Project across the State. There is currently no aggregated data at a regional level to identify the participation trends and needs of people with a disability in sport and active recreation.
We are looking to gather data from across the State to inform our planning, support and resourcing within community sports clubs for people with a disability in Regional Victoria.
By gathering this data, we will be able to:
- Identify and map current sport and active recreation participation opportunities for people with a disability.
- Assess the demand for sport and active recreation opportunities and identify gaps to determine opportunities for development.
- Identify barriers and enablers to participation for people with a disability.
- Identify barriers and enablers for parents/carers/caregivers in supporting individuals with a disability to participate in sport and active recreation.
- Unpack how individuals with a disability would like to participate in sport (playing and ’non-playing’ participation).
- Identify how people with a disability access information. This can inform future promotion of opportunities.
- Identify pathway gaps for people with a disability.
Information collated at a State level will:
- Contribute to the evidence base on participation of people with a disability.
- Inform the development of future participation opportunities for people with a disability.
- Inform capacity building initiatives with sport and active recreation providers.
- Support the planning and prioritising of resources.
If you are a person with a disability or parent/caregiver/guardian of a person with a disability we would love it if you could complete a quick survey and share your experiences, it will ensure there is Sport North East representation in the State-wide reporting.
- Survey for individuals with a disability – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/AAAIndividual
- Survey for Parents/Guardians/Caregivers of an individual with a disability – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZFXL3ZZ
Please contact one of our project coordinators (details below) if you would require assistance with completing the survey.
Sport North East is passionate about creating meaningful opportunities for all people to participate in their local sport and active recreation community.
If you identify as having a disability and are seeking opportunities to participate; or are a sport or active recreation club looking to increase your inclusion practices, please contact the Sport North East team.