Gateway Health, Alpine Shire Council and Alpine Health recently delivered the Alpine Active Living Mapping Project. The project focus was to find out what opportunities exist to support the population to be physically active in the Alpine Shire. You can find out what they discovered and recommended here.
Sport North East is partnering with the group to help deliver the recommendations in the Alpine Shire, including:
- Physical Activity policy development
- Walking and cycling path improvements
- Free and family-oriented activity promotion and development (e.g. Sport North East’s School Holiday Program)
- Promotion and education of existing events and facilities
- Support for informal recreation opportunities and multiple-use sporting facilities
- Support for building healthy environments in sports clubs and workplaces
Sport North East is excited to help create more opportunities for sport and active recreation in the Alpine Shire.